- 10/21/2007 I've thought about it and thought about it and I've decided that I really don't want to deal with the craziness of 11,000 cyclists, so I'm not going to register for El Tour de Tucson. Sean Tressler wanted to try for platinum, but he got that at El Tour de Phoenix this year, so he's not sure he wants to do it either. And I don't think this year will be a good year for going for platinum. There will just be too many riders out. Maybe Susan's 200k Mount Lemmon brevet at the beginning of November instead...
- 10/13/2007 El Tour de Tucson is expecting 11,000 cyclists! Holy crap batman! It's crazy with 6-7000 cyclists, I can't imagine what it will be like with 11,000! Hmmm....
- 4/30/2007 After riding the Grand Canyon 600k brevet this weekend I decided that I wasn't ready / willing to do Paul's 1200k. The 600k was challenging enough and I think waiting till June is too late. It got pretty hot in Valle and in Camp Verde this weekend, it will probably be over 100 in June. Plus I want to lose a few pounds before tackling that kind of terrain again!
- 1/6/2007 So, looks like a small muscle tear deep in the pelvis. Nothing to do but wait for it to heal. Here's what the MRI report said:
"Marrow signal in the imaged osseus structures is within normal limits. No evidence of fracture or avascular necrosis. There is a minimal left hip effusion. A 4 mm rounded focus of increased T2 signal is seen within the superior and lateral aspect of the left acetabular labrum. This is suspicious for a paralabral cycst suggesting the presence of a labral tear. On the sagittal sequence, there is a suggestion of a cleft in the anterosuperior acetabular labrum. Surrounding muscle groups are of normal caliber and signal intensity. Tendinous insertions are intact. Imaged soft tissues of the pelvis are unremarkable."
I'm supposed to take it pretty easy for 2 to 3 weeks, try to stay off my feet, then gradually work back up...
- 1/4/2007 Well I usually start off the year with some kind of cold or other health issue and 2007 is no different. I did something to my hip in November and it hasn't healed yet. Tried 3 weeks of physical therapy, but that wasn't making the pain go away, so I met with an Orthopedic Specialist a couple weeks ago and he had me go in for an MRI. Hopefully the MRI will show what the problem is and I can get over this. So no 200k for me this weekend :-(
Copyright © 2006 by Mike Enfield. All rights
Revised: 04/06/09 11:29:47 -0700.